Flowers are something that pleased every heart. Being a living piece of nature, it requires some extra care for a long life. At a number of occasions, people receive a beautiful bouquet from their loved ones. Thinking that the flowers of the bouquet won’t last for long, most of the people put it aside. But they need to understand that the flowers can be encouraged to live for a longer time under the right care. One has to take care of certain things after receiving the fresh flowers. Being a professional, The Flower Shop recommends you to follow some flower care tips to make your fresh cut flowers last longer.
Things to keep in mind after receiving the flowers:
- To make flowers fresh, keep it away from direct sun light or heat and place it at cool place.
- Don’t contain flowers in plastic or any packaging; Trim the stems.
- Keep the flowers away from stuffs that generate ethylene gas.
- Cut the stems at an angle.
- Put flowers in a clean vase and filled it with 3/4 full of fresh tap water.
- Add flower food to water (expect tulips).
- Remove any kind of foliage that can be found beneath the water.
- To make the flowers fresh and long lasting, change the water on 2-3 days and cut the stems to an angle too.
- Feed plants fortnightly with liquid plant fertilizer.
Things kept in mind while changing water of your flower vase:
- Remove all dead or dying flowers from the vase and arrange only remaining fresh flowers.
- Clean the vase thoroughly after removing the water from it.
- Ensure that the vase is affected from any bacteria and other harmful chemicals.
- Cut stems of the flowers carefully at an angle about 1 to 2 inches from the bottom.
- Trim the flowers carefully; don’t use old scissor for this purpose, use the sharper one.
- Replace water with fresh tap water.
- Allow stems to absorb a lot of water so that the flowers can remain fresh for longer time; however, avoid over-watering.
- Repeat the exercise for few days.
Following these flower care instructions will certain help to give a better life to your flowers. So be smart and give extreme care to your beautiful flowers now with the use of above mentioned flower care tips.